3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted (omitted)
4 ounces white chocolate, chopped, or 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly butter an 8-inch square baking pan with sides at least 1 1/2 inches high. (I used a round baking pan.)Using an electric mixer or mixing by hand, beat together the sugar and egg until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the vanilla and butter and beat to mix well. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt and add to the butter mixture, beating until just incorporated. Do not overmix. Using a spoon, stir in the pecans and white chocolate. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and use a flat metal spatula or a butter knife to smooth the top. Bake the blondies for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is dry and golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs attached (not wet, but not perfectly dry). Remove the pan from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Cut the blondies into 2-inch squares. The blondies can be stored, well wrapped, at room temperature for up to 3 days (these seem to get better as they sit) or frozen for up to 2 months (thaw before serving).
From: Taste of Home
Several years ago, I made Hershey’s Best Brownies and they were such a hit that they became my standard brownie recipe. Today, I decided to make the Hershey’s deep dish brownie recipe but at the last minute made them into cupcakes. Shania helped me make them and I have a big announcement to make- she can finally crack eggs! Without getting them all over the floor! 🙂
One thing I love about making brownies from scratch is that you can easily make them by hand. This is an easy and fast recipe. As cupcakes, they were done in 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. We topped some of them with Reese’s topping mix.
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
2. Combine butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
3. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. About 16 brownies.