- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 6 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 20 medium shrimp, uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced (or 2 tsp dried cilantro)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less depending on how spicy you like it)
- Heat 3 tsp of oil in a skillet or a stir fry pan.
- Add cabbage and stir fry cabbage for about 2 minutes or until tender.
- Remove cabbage and keep warmed; sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In the same pan, add 3 tsp of oil and stir fry onions and garlic until tender.
- Add the shrimp, water and soy sauce; cook until shrimp turns pink.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and red pepper flakes, stir.
- Serve shrimp mixture over cabbage.