This is a great cream cheese frosting to make if you plan to use it for decorating purposes- it’s stiff enough to pipe with and you can add milk, as needed, to make it creamier.
Decorating Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 6 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tbs milk (or more as needed)
Beat cream cheese, butter, and shortening until creamy. Blend in vanilla extract. Alternate adding the sugar and milk until you have your desired consistency.