I just bought After School Snack Cookbook and it’s filled with kid friendly snacks and dishes, including ones that don’t require cooking at all. Shania made these. In the book, they used ABC shortbread cookies which would have been so cute but I couldn’t find any.
- 2 ounces cream cheese (tub style)
- 1 tablespoon strawberry preserves
- red food coloring, if you like
- 32 shortbread cookies, plain or chocolate
* Put the cream cheese and preserves in a small bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until smooth. Add a drop of food coloring, if desired. Spread cream cheese on cookies with a table knife to make sandwiches.
* We used T. Marzetti’s strawberry cream cheese so we didn’t have to do anything but spread it on the cookies. It doesn’t get any easier to “make” a quick snack that is a fun and different from everything in the pantry. Shania and Austin loved these!
From: After School Snack Cookbook, 2009, Meredith Corporation