Several years ago, I made Hershey’s Best Brownies and they were such a hit that they became my standard brownie recipe. Today, I decided to make the Hershey’s deep dish brownie recipe but at the last minute made them into cupcakes. Shania helped me make them and I have a big announcement to make- she can finally crack eggs! Without getting them all over the floor! 🙂
One thing I love about making brownies from scratch is that you can easily make them by hand. This is an easy and fast recipe. As cupcakes, they were done in 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. We topped some of them with Reese’s topping mix.
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
2. Combine butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
3. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. About 16 brownies.