(sorry for the blurry pic- my camera died before I could take more!)
When Scott said he would grill this salmon for me, I was tempted to use a barbeque sauce but decided to try this dry rub instead. I am glad I did. It was so good!! It is a perfect combination of sweet and spicy. I added a little garlic powder to this but didn’t measure it. I didn’t get a good picture of it but the recipe is very blogworthy!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (3-pound) center-cut salmon fillet, skinned
1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
2. Combine salt and next 7 ingredients (through cinnamon); rub salt mixture over fish.
3. Grill fish for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
From: Cooking Light