I made these cupcakes for Father’s Day weekend. I make Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” chocolate cake all the time but I never make the frosting because I don’t like chocolate on chocolate. I was happy when my mother in law asked for these cupcakes because it meant I could make the frosting recipe for a change.
· 3 cups sifted cake flour
· 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons meringue powder
· 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
· 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
· 3 eggs
· 1 1/2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
· 1 1/4 cups milk
· 1 package vanilla instant pudding
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line pan with baking cups.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder, meringue powder and salt; set aside.
4. In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
5. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
6. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Add pudding. Continue beating one minute.
7. Pour into prepared cups.
8. Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cupcake comes out clean.
9. Cool 10 minutes.
10. Turn out onto cooling rack; cool completely.
Makes 24 standard cupcakes
Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Frosting
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine
2/3 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.
Cupcake recipe altered from www.cupcakefun.com
Frosting recipe from: www.hersheys.com/recipes