Last year, I made pink lemonade cupcakes. While they were good, I found them to be way too tart for my taste. So, with that in mind, I made these margarita cupcakes with less margarita mix than the recipe called for. Instead of the entire can, I used a little more than half of it and diluted it with water (filling the can so that I still had the same amount of liquid). I topped them with buttercream frosting. I loved them!
- 1 package (18.25 oz. white cake mix (no pudding in the mix)
- 1 can (10 oz.) frozen Margarita mix, thawed
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line standard muffin pan with baking cups.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, Margarita mix, egg whites and vegetable oil using electric mixer.
- Stir in lime zest; mix completely.
- Fill prepared pans 2/3 full.
- Bake 22-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on cooling rack 5-8 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with icing and garnish, if desired, with a strawberry and/or lime twist.